From NEOSYS Technical Support WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Replicate the error on all browsers after ensuring that the browsers have script error notifications enabled.
- Check in all the wikis for a solution.
- If there is no immediate fix for the error, try to find and provide a temporary workaround, which the client can use until the error is fixed.
- If the error is new, do a thorough investigation (eg. check NEOSYS logs) and try to find a solution for the error.
- If you still cannot find a fix for the error, then escalate the issue to your manager with an explanation of the issue.
- Support MUST always provide full screenshots of all the steps required to replicate the error, as this will help identify the cause of the error much quicker.
- When sending screenshots of the issue to your manager, the top-left of the browser MUST be visible so that it is clear which browser, URL and database is used.
- Ensure that script errors (if any) are included in the screenshots. Include every detail available regarding the script error, for example: script name, line number etc.
- Support MUST report the error to support team by email to keep a record of all errors in NEOSYS. Support team looks good when errors are spotted and fixed pro actively. Do not ignore the error for any reason.
- When requesting the programmer to fix the issue, explain WHAT has to be fixed and HOW it has to be fixed. Refer to Handling request to create a new feature or modifying existing features
- The most important step when solving any problem is Future Prevention. eg. add the solution to wiki, so that support spends lesser time fixing the problem in future.