Installing on Windows 7
1 Installing NEOSYS on Windows 7
Windows 7 is not suitable for installing NEOSYS except on a single user basis.
1.1 Windows Version Required
Must be 32 bit and not 64 bit Windows. Requires "Internet Information Server" (IIS)
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
- Windows 7 Professional 32 bit
1.2 Configuring IIS
- Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management
- Open Services and Applications, Internet Information Services
- In Connections, Open the (server name)
- Open Sites
- Right click "Default Web Site" and select "Add Virtual Directory"
- continue with the installation in a similar fashion to that on Window Server
1.3 Configuring XP compatibility
This is required to avoid various "read-only file" error messages.
- open the \neosys\neosys folder
- right click AREV.EXE icon and choose properties
- In the Compatibility tab
- check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
- select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"
- in Privilege Level: check "Run this program as Administrator"
You will probably also have to drop the UAC controls to "no protection" to avoid a prompt everytime the NEOSYS process is started.