1 Setting up the System Configuration File
See System Configuration File for detailed description. The following points are essential configuration and must not be ignored.
- All configurations must be carefully done after evaluating which Scope they fall under.
- Configure the startup of additional processes (Client server:3 for main data and 1 for test data: on Neosys vm server:1 for main data and 1 for test data) and tick the main database with the option to backup. If you do not tick this, the automated backup at 1 am will not happen
- Configure the automatic copy of main database to test database
- Configure backup drive. For virtual servers, refer to Handling backup in Virtual Server.
- Configure alert email addresses in the System Configuration File (make sure that there is at least 1 person from the client management [ ] and one person from client IT [ ] who receives the backup alert)
- Set up SMTP Hostname and Port and send a test email from Maintenance to email@example.com
- Configure URL/Web Address to access NEOSYS. This is very important for a Timesheet module installation as the approver links are picked up from the configuration.
- Set the User Timezone
- Set up Email Domains and IP Numbers. Support staff MUST request NEOSYS IT to add the client's email domain to NEOSYS internal email whitelist, so that emails from this client do not get automatically marked as spam.
- Set up Sender Email Address. Support staff MUST request NEOSYS IT to add the Sender Email Address to the aliases for firstname.lastname@example.org. After the Sender Email Address has been added to the aliases for email@example.com, send a test email to the Sender Email Address to check whether the sent email is received in firstname.lastname@example.org inbox
2 Start neosysddns service for Client's with dynamic ip
See Starting NEOSYS DDNS Service to start the neosysddns service so that NEOSYS monitoring server at monitor.neosys.com updates zonedit.com with the latest ip of the client server.
You MUST check if the ip is actually getting updated otherwise if the ip changes and neosysddns is not working we will lose access to the server. See Troubleshooting NEOSYS DDNS Service for commands to do so.
3 Update Support.htm
Add the new client to the list of clients page.
4 Setting up a new company in the new database
Once the new company is added to the database:
- Set up exchange rate as "1" for the base currency by going to the Currency and Exchange Rate File
- Delete “Client X” from the Client and Brand File
- Set the letterhead refer to Configuring Letterhead
Change the system mark for each of the new databases that were created. See Configuring Client Security Mark