Changing username from Administrator to administrator
WARNING!!! - The server will be locked FOREVER if you mistype the new administrator name!
1 Windows 10 Pro / Enterprise
Prerequisite: BEFORE INSTALLING CYGWIN
1. Rename Administrator to be administrator.
wmic useraccount where name='Administrator' rename 'administrator'
2. Check in Computer management that it is successful, or
1.1 Set password
Set a password for administrator and enable login
net user administrator * net user administrator /active:yes
2 Windows 2008 Server
- Click on Start -> Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy
- Click on Local Policies -> Security Options
- Rename as mentioned in screenshot below:
- Check your typing very carefully! Take your time to read it aloud slowly letter by letter to avoid lazy brain syndrome for example. “a d m i n I s t r a t o r” and count 13 characters.
- After renaming, DON’T disconnect and reconnect to test. Check you can login with the changed username on a SECOND connection BEFORE you lose the working connection. If you cannot connect on the second connection then MAKE SURE you solve the problem using the first connection before closing it!