Technical / Hardware requirements
1 Hardware requirements
- Entry level physical or virtual server *dedicated to NEOSYS only* (in case of virtual machine, the host machine MUST be dedicated to NEOSYS and access given to support team, else NEOSYS will run into issues untraceable by support team)
- 2 or more CPU cores
- 1 GB RAM
- 10 GB HDD - SSD Recommended
2 Software requirements
- Windows 10 Pro. Must be 32bit. Cannot be 64bit.
- Windows 10 Enterprise. Must be 32bit. Cannot be 64bit.
- Windows 2008 Standard Edition. Must be 32bit. Cannot be 64bit/R2.
- Administrator Access Rights
- Configured with two partitions on the hard disk (C & D)
- Configured as a workgroup and not as part of a domain
- No roles assigned for the server (eg DNS or DHCP or FILE SERVER)
- All service packs and updates applied
- No Anti-Virus or any other program loaded
- Configured with an internal static IP (ie dynamic IP delivered by DHCP is not allowed)
3 User Web Browser
Firefox, Chrome or MS Edge. (Support for IE stopped in 2019)
Browsers must have pop-up blockers turned off and must not have any 3rd party toolbars installed, that can potentially interfere with the NEOSYS user interface.
4 Backup requirements
If entry level physical server or if virtual server that supports USB passthrough (e.g. VMWare vSphere version 4.1 and above):
- 3 x 4 GB USB drives for backup
- Someone to change the USB drives on a scheduled basis (weekly)
If virtual server that does not support USB passthrough:
- Client must *at their own responsibility* agree to arrange copy of the backup files to an external backup location every day.
Also refer to Backup to virtual server
5 Router requirements
- Username and password for the router OR someone who can configure port forwarding/virtual server configuration for:
- SSH on port 19580
- HTTPS on 4430 OR port no. provided by NEOSYS Support (Required only if NEOSYS needs to be accessed from outside office and prior management approval for this is obtained)
- Outgoing access to the internet on port 2500 or access to send email via an internal email server.